Applying for a Card
Who can apply for a Companion Card?
- Residents of South Australia irrespective of their employment status or nationality.
- People with a significant and permanent disability and whose need for attendant care support is validated through the auditing process.
You can apply for a Companion Card if you can demonstrate ALL of the following
- you live in South Australia
- you have a significant and permanent disability
- due to the impact of your disability you are unable to participate at most community venues and activities without attendant care support, and
- your need for this level of support will be lifelong.
How should you apply for a Companion Card?
- Telephone 1800 667 110 to have a Cardholder Application form posted out to you or it can be downloaded from the Publications / Applications page on this website.
- Complete the application form and submit to Companion Card Program GPO Box 292 Adelaide SA 5001 for auditing and processing.
- Remember to provide two identical passport quality/sized colour photographs with your application.